The Community Foundation Idea
The community foundation idea is simple, it is a fund created by contributions to support charitable activities within a geographic area. Anyone may use this method to give something back to the community.
Assets that you donate to our Community Foundation create one of several types of funds to support your charitable goals. Our Foundation also offers a diverse menu of planned giving options to tailor your gift.
You can create a fund to honor or memorialize someone you love or to celebrate a special event. You can direct your gift broadly or narrowly to issues you care about, or to wherever the foundation’s board of directors feels the needs are greatest. However you design your gift, your contribution can change lives—today and in the future.
A gift to our Community Foundation provides you power and flexibility in charitable giving without the legal paperwork, time, and expenses associated with running your own private foundation. Our Foundation can help you set up a fund that will maximize both your tax advantages and your impact on Greater Sauk County—now and forever.
Here are some ways the Foundation can help you:
1. Managing the fund, overseeing its investment, and maintaining tax records
2. Filing tax returns and providing an independent audit
3. Providing the services of experienced grant makers who know the community, its needs and its organizations
4. Ensuring that grants are always awarded in the name of your fund
5. Issuing regular financial reports detailing the status of the fund